Lufthansa provides a very swift cancellation policy that allows passengers to cancel their flight at any time. Lufthansa is aware that the plan of the people may change at any time, and therefore they must provide a flexible cancellation policy. Passengers want to know the cost to cancel a Lufthansa flight. You have to pay the cancellation charges to cancel your flight. However, you can cancel your flight at no cost, but there are certain conditions for that. You can follow the given instructions to learn about the cancellation policy of Lufthansa:
Cancellation Policy of Lufthansa
Most provisions of the cancellation policy are simple to understand. Passengers can easily get a refund if they are familiar with the cancellation policy. Following are the terms of the cancellation policy:
- Lufthansa provides a 24-hour cancellation window where passengers can cancel their flight within 24 hours of reservation at no cost.
- All their booking amounts will be refunded.
- If Lufthansa has canceled the flight, then they will provide a refund.
- If your Lufthansa flight is delayed by more than four hours, you can cancel it or board their next flight.
- You will get a refund only when the cancellation charges and the applicable government taxes are deducted.
- You must arrive at the airport three hours before your flight; otherwise, you will be charged for “No Show.”
- You will also be charged for “No Show” if you do not board your flight 15 minutes before its scheduled departure.
- Disabled persons and infants under one year are exempted from cancellation charges. They will get a full refund.
- You must pay the cancellation charge if you cancel your flight after 24 hours of reservation. The cancellation charge will increase with time.
- You have to pay the cancellation charge of around $ 200 to $ 700.
- You cannot cancel your flight three hours before its scheduled departure.
The Process of Canceling a Flight with Lufthansa
Lufthansa allows you to cancel your flight at the last moment. But you have to be familiar with their policy. The process of cancellation is simple. You can either cancel your flight online or with the assistance of customer service. If you look at Lufthansa cancellation policy, it deals with genuine passengers as well as the passengers who cancel their flights habitually. You can follow the given steps to cancel a Lufthansa flight:
- You have to open the website of Lufthansa.
- Then select “Manage Booking.”
- Now fill in the required tabs with your booking confirmation number, first name, and last name to open your itinerary.
- Now select “Edit Flight.”
- Select “Cancellation and Refund.”
- Now your flight will be canceled, and you will get the confirmation through an email.
How Much is the Cancellation Charge with Lufthansa?
- Lufthansa allows you to cancel your flight at no cost if you cancel it within 24 hours of booking.
- Usually, the cancellation charge is around $ 200 to $ 700. It may increase if you take time for the cancellation.
Lufthansa provides a lenient policy that passengers can use to cancel their flights. There are a few conditions that have to be kept in mind. You cannot cancel your Lufthansa flight three hours before its scheduled departure. If you look at Lufthansa 24 hour cancellation policy, you will find that you can cancel your flight at no cost. You do not have to pay a cancellation fee and will get a full refund.
Disclaimer:Faresgalaxy is an independent online travel agency that provides travel-related services to our customers. We are not associated with any brand or company, and the use of the brand name, logo, or any other thing is only for the information purpose and the property of the related brand or airline